NeSmith Nursery Garden Almanac
For business hours and maps to our garden centers, see our locations.
The gardening tips and advice offered by NeSmith Nursery on this page are to help you be successful in your gardening and landscape adventures. We hope these prove to be beneficial to you.
Monthly Gardening Advice
- Plant annuals, perennials and other bedding plants.
- Plant your container gardens of annuals and perennials for spring and summer patio color.
- Fertilize lawns as they should now have been greened up for at least 3 weeks.
- Fertilize centipede lawns with ferti-lome Centipede Lawn Food.
- If you did not kill all lawn weeds with a pre-emergent herbicide apply now a post emergent. Very good control of weeds can be achieved by using ferti-lome Weed Free Zone in a hose-end sprayer. Read label for instructions on application.
- Continue spraying roses with ferti-lome Liquid Systemic Fungicide every 10-14 days. Read label for instructions on application.
- Continue monthly feeding of roses with ferti-lome Rose and Flower Food.
- Prune azaleas and spirea after they have finished blooming.
- Fertilize azaleas after they finish blooming with ferti-lome Azalea, Camellia, Rhododendron Food.
- You may now plant centipede grass seed.
- If soil temperature is warmed up you may now plant caladium bulbs.
- Feed the birds.
- Plant container grown trees and shrubs.
- Continue your fertilization of annuals with ferti-lome Bedding Plant Food at 4-6 week intervals.
Come and enjoy a few minutes or a few hours at either of the NeSmith Nursery locations. We guarantee it to be a relaxing and enjoyable experience.