NeSmith Nursery Garden Almanac
For business hours and maps to our garden centers, see our locations.
The gardening tips and advice offered by NeSmith Nursery on this page are to help you be successful in your gardening and landscape adventures. We hope these prove to be beneficial to you.
Monthly Gardening Advice
- Finish pruning fruit trees before new growth appears.
- Prune roses mid February.
- Prune ornamental grasses.
- Prune Crape Myrtles.
- Prune evergreen shrubs late February. Do not prune spring flowering plants like azaleas.
- Fertilize fruit trees with ferti-lome Fruit, Citrus and Pecan Tree Food.
- Plant bare-root roses and fruit trees.
- As fruit trees begin to bud start preventive pest control spraying with ferti-lome Fruit Tree Spray.
- Plant cool season vegetables.
- Fertilize pansies and other cool season annuals with ferti-lome Bedding Plant Food.
- Prune liriope.
- Feed the birds.
- Apply pre-emergent herbicide to lawn. Read label for instructions on application.
- Finish dividing perennials.
- Plant container grown trees and shrubs.
Come and enjoy a few minutes or a few hours at either of the NeSmith Nursery locations. We guarantee it to be a relaxing and enjoyable experience.