NeSmith Nursery Garden Almanac
For business hours and maps to our garden centers, see our locations.
The gardening tips and advice offered by NeSmith Nursery on this page are to help you be successful in your gardening and landscape adventures. We hope these prove to be beneficial to you.
Monthly Gardening Advice
- Replace cool season annuals with warm season annuals before the temperatures begin to soar.
- Continue spraying roses with ferti-lome Liquid Systemic Fungicide every 10-14 days. Read label for instructions on application.
- Continue monthly feeding of roses with ferti-lome Rose and Flower Food.
- Plant tropical vines at your mail box or on a trellis. Try Mandevilla, Bougainvillea or Allamanda.
- Plant long blooming perennials: Daylilies, Cone Flowers, Shasta Daisy, Lantana and Gaura.
- Great time to plant grass seeds especially centipede. Also sod will root in very quickly now.
- It is now safe to plant caladiums.
- Treat fire ant mounds with Ferti-lome Come and Get It Fire Ant Killer.
- Feed the birds.
- Plant container grown trees and shrubs.
- Continue your fertilization of annuals with ferti-lome Bedding Plant Food at 4-6 week intervals.
Come and enjoy a few minutes or a few hours at either of the NeSmith Nursery locations. We guarantee it to be a relaxing and enjoyable experience.